UR-Specific Resources for Faculty
The Office of International Education’s website provides a wealth of information for faculty interested in on-campus as well as off-campus intercultural projects. Here are four examples; we encourage you to visit our website to learn about even more.
- Cultures and Languages Across the Curriculum (C-LAC), for-credit course connected to a principal course taught by UR instructor. Provides students with opportunities for second language acquisition and intercultural perspectives. Syllabi samples provided.
- ESL Tutoring, located in the Carole Weinstein International Center, Room 103M.
- Major Integration of Study Abroad (MISA), helping students and their faculty advisors identify study abroad programs best suited to their majors and minors.
- The Weinstein-Jecklin Speech Center located on the fourth floor of Weinstein Hall.
- Weinstein Summer Grants, merit-based grants up to US$3,500 for international projects undertaken abroad during the summer.
- Weinstein Academic Year Grants, merit-based grants up to US$1,300 for international projects undertaken during the academic year.
- Foundation, Corporate & Government Relations, numerous funding opportunities and on-campus support. Faculty should consult Diana Vincelli for information on faculty Fulbright grants as well as other external funding for research.