Students typically start the application process in April of their junior year, continuing over the summer and into senior year. Fulbright and Mitchell Scholarship awardees usually begin the program in the fall after graduation.
- Attend a Mitchell Scholars Program information session. After the general presentation, you will have the chance to ask questions about the program, and you will hear from a faculty member familiar with the program and process.
- Mitchell application opens in April/May.
- Review the graduate programs at the participating Irish universities to find the three you with to choose.
- Start working on the draft of your personal statement.
- Continue to edit and refine your personal statement (submit a copy to Patrick Schweiger).
- Request Joe Hoff to submit the institutional endorsement
- Put the final touches on your application. Attend any work sessions scheduled on campus.
- Check in with your faculty to make sure they are working on the recommendations.
- You will be contacted to set up a campus interview. All attempts will be made to avoid having to miss class, but this is not guaranteed.
- Mitchell Scholars Deadline - no further changes may be made to your application after this date