All students interested in semester or year-long study abroad are required to attend a general information session offered by the Office of International Education (OIE) before meeting with a study abroad advisor or submitting their application to study abroad.
The online advising form on GatewayAbroad must be completed before seeing a study abroad advisor.
If you cannot attend a regular or special information session due to a class or work conflict, please contact us to find out about additional alternatives.
Business majors must attend one additional information session specific to Robins School of Business (RSB) students. The details and schedule for these sessions are outlined below.
- Study Abroad Information Sessions will be held during the spring 2017 semester on Tuesdays at 12:00 p.m. and on Thursdays at 5:00 p.m.
- There are no sessions during breaks, holidays, or during final exams.
- Sessions are located in the Carole Weinstein International Center (INTC) in Suite 103 (reception area of the Office of International Education).
- Sessions last approximately 35 minutes.
- Attendance at one session is required before meeting with an advisor or filling out an application to study abroad.
- Maximum attendance of 15 students per session.
- Periodically during periods of high traffic, we will also offer special large-group, alternate-day sessions for students who cannot attend the regular sessions, or who have trouble getting into a regular session due to the attendance cap. These sessions will be announced here and via Spiderbytes when they occur.
- Sessions last approximately 35-45 minutes.
- Attendance at one session (regular or special) is required prior to meeting with an advisor or submitting an application to study abroad.
- The next special sessions will be held on Wed. Jan. 18 at 7:00 p.m. in the Tyler Haynes Commons (THC), room 321.
- All business majors planning to study abroad are required to attend a RSB study abroad information session in addition to the general OIE session. To learn when RSB study abroad sessions are offered, see their info session page.
- Sessions will last 45 minutes.
- Students who cannot attend a regularly scheduled RSB session should contact Fae Bell to set up an appointment instead.