All students interested in semester or year-long study abroad are required to attend a general information session offered by the Office of International Education (OIE) before meeting with a study abroad advisor or submitting their application to study abroad. During the session, an OIE Peer Advisor will explain the UR policy on study abroad, credit transfer, and financial aid. The Peer Advisor will also offer guidance in choosing a program and deciding when to go abroad.
During the information session, you will be given information about how to complete the online advising form, which is a questionnaire that helps the study abroad advisor get to know your interests and goals for study abroad better. This online advising form must be completed before seeing a study abroad advisor.
It is not recommended that students miss class in order to attend an information session. If you cannot attend a regular or special information session, please contact us to find out about additional alternatives.
Business majors must attend one additional information session specific to Robins School of Business (RSB) students. The details and schedule for these sessions are outlined below.
Once you attend the relevant information session(s) you will know the next steps to take, which could include meeting with a study abroad advisor during walk-in hours or by appointment. We look forward to working with you.
- Regular sessions held in spring semester 2016 will be offered on Mondays at 1:00 pm and Tuesdays at 5:00 pm.
- There are no sessions during breaks, holidays, or during final exams. Sessions are located in the Carole Weinstein International Center (INTC) in Suite 103 (reception area of the Office of International Education).
- Sessions last approximately 35 minutes.
- Attendance at one session is required before meeting with an advisor or filling out an application to study abroad.
- Maximum attendance of 15 students per session.
- If students have a conflict with the regular info session schedule or have trouble attending due to the attendance cap, we will also hold several special larger-group/alternate sessions.
- Sessions last approximately 35-45 minutes.
- Attendance at one session (regular or special) is required prior to meeting with an advisor or submitting an application to study abroad.
- Currently the next special sessions are scheduled for:
- Fri., Jan. 15 from 1:00 - 1:45 p.m., Westhampton Living Room
Robins School Sessions
- All business majors planning to study abroad are required to attend a RSB study abroad information session in addition to the general OIE session. To learn when RSB study abroad sessions are offered, see their info session page.
- Sessions will last 45 minutes.
- Students who cannot attend a regularly scheduled RSB session should contact Fae Bell to set up an appointment instead.