All students interested in semester or year-long study abroad are required to attend a general information session offered by the Office of International Education (OIE) before meeting with a study abroad advisor or submitting their application to study abroad. During the session, an OIE Peer Advisor will explain the UR policy on study abroad, credit transfer, and financial aid. The Peer Advisor will also offer guidance in choosing a program and deciding when to go abroad.
During the information session, you will be given information about how to complete the online advising form, which is a questionnaire that helps the study abroad advisor get to know your interests and goals for study abroad better. This online advising form must be completed before seeing a study abroad advisor.
It is not recommended that students miss class in order to attend an information session. If you cannot attend a regular or special information session, please contact us to find out about additional alternatives.
Business majors must attend one additional information session specific to Robins School students. The details and schedule for these sessions are outlined below.
Once you attend the relevant information session(s) you will know the next steps to take, which could include meeting with a study abroad advisor during walk-in hours or by appointment if you have further questions. We look forward to working with you.
- Information sessions are offered throughout the regular semester (no sessions during breaks, holidays, or finals) in the Carole Weinstein International Center (INTC) in Suite 103 (the International Resource Center--main lobby of the Office of International Education)
- Sessions in spring 2013 will be offered on Mondays at 5 pm and on Fridays at 12 pm
- Sessions last approximately 35 minutes
- Attendance at one session is required prior to meeting with an advisor or filling out an application to study abroad
- Maximum attendance of 15 students per session.
- If students have a conflict with the regular info session schedule, have trouble getting in due to the attendance cap, we will also hold several special larger-group/alternate sessions.
- Sessions last approximately 35-45 minutes
- Attendance at one session (regular or special) is required prior to meeting with an advisor or submitting an application to study abroad
- Maximum attendance of 30 students for these special sessions
- Special sessions are scheduled for:
- April 17th, 1:30PM, Ryland Hall Rm. 212
- April 24th, 10:00AM, Int'l Resource Center (INTC 103)
- April 25th, 5:00PM, Wilton Center Conference Room
Robins School Sessions
All business majors planning to study abroad are required to attend a Robins School study abroad information session in addition to the general OIE session. The next RSB study abroad sessions are scheduled for the following dates:
- April 11, 11:00AM, BUS 239
- April 16, 4:00PM, BUS Q154
- April 19, 2:00PM, BUS Q288
- April 24, 5:00PM, BUS Q288
Questions about Robins School study abroad info sessions should be directed to Fae Bell.