Important Student Requirements
Once accepted by our office, your student will be required to complete and submit, or read and heed, several forms and materials which are outlined on the What to Do Next checklist provided to each student.
Some of these requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Submit several UR post-decision requirements on GatewayAbroad, including the Commitment Form and the Program Participation Terms & Conditions
- Complete the host institution's application
- Read the Study Abroad Handbook
- Do the tasks outlined in their program-specific checklist (provided on their online GateWayAbroad application)
- Review their program's Dates & Costs sheet to determine your student's expense responsibilities
- Attend mandatory orientations (general and country-/program-specific)
- Apply for passport and/or visa
- Make flight reservations and arrange accommodations abroad
- Give you a copy of their Insurance/Emergency Cards & Letters (IECL), downloaded from their online GatewayAbroad application
- Please refer to the What to Do Next checklist for full details
More information is available on our Parents’ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) website.