There are many academic preparations you must make before you leave for abroad. It is very important that you review the following information carefully and thoroughly to ensure that you meet all the residency, graduation, credit transfer and unit requirements from your study abroad experience.
Please refer to the study abroad section of the Registrar's website for full details and information about the following:
- Fulfilling degree and graduation requirements
- Study Abroad Course Approval Forms – ideally you should obtain as many course pre-approvals as possible
- Transfer students
- Leadership students – includes specific steps for Jepson majors/minors
- Business students
- Seniors studying abroad
- Minimum and maximum units taken abroad
- Transferring Hours to Units: The “First Five” rule
- Circumstances when elective credit for abroad coursework automatically transfers
- How transferred credit earned abroad will appear on your Richmond transcript
Please contact your Study Abroad Advisor or the Registrar’s office for information on credit conversion.