Permanent Residents

Permanent residents are individuals who have authorization to live and work in the United States permanently. Learn more about permanent residency from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Guidance and Information

Students who wish to become permanent residents must apply through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

The University cannot provide legal advice or guidance for persons wishing to become permanent residents. However, Krittika Onsanit can provide a list of immigration lawyers available to international students and scholars. The lawyers on the list do not represent any endorsement by International Education.